Monday, July 21, 2008

Beginnings

Okay, so this is not the best day to start my blog. I seem to have the flu or some such pitiful illness that doesn't respond to OTC meds. Consequently the last four days have been miserable. I promise to write brighter posts in the future but the very reason I have the time for this is because I can't sit at the machine for my usual 5-10 hours.

Yesterday I did sew a bit. I've named this blog "Mixing it up with quilting" because that's exactly what I do. I never sit down to stitch one thing... it's always three or four or many.

I currently have 3 BOW as well as 3 BOM in progress. These are coming along a bit at a time by necessity. There are 7 WIP that are looking a bit long term (Okay, Okay... I know many of you would call these UFO's but I think that's such a negative term that I just don't go there.... besides... I never leave things unfinished for long). Besides the BOM, BOW and WIP's I am also working on a fancied up nine-patch quilt (my design) and a quilt from "101 Fabulous Rotary-Cut Quilts" by Judy Hopkins & Nancy J. Martin. Great book, great quilts and I've already picked out the one I'll make next. I also have a Churn Dash quilt with all the pieces made that is just waiting for three more swap blocks to arrive in the mail. They are overdue or I would have put that together yesterday.

So... yesterday this is what I did. I started (2) B&W Midget blocks and (20) Fancied nine-patches. I finished (6) white/tan nine-patches and worked on (6) others. I sashed (6) of the B&W Midgets from row 1 of the Midget quilt and put together three rows of the "Puss in the Corner II" quilt from "101 Fabulous Rotary-Cut Quilts". Oh.... and I made my BOW for the SBS sampler.

How long did I sew yesterday? I don't know...... until I felt faint....LOL. I suspect I will do that again today since the Dr hasn't called back to give me an appointment yet.

Once I figure this system out I will post links and pics as well as lists of my projects and patterns for my original quilts.

Off to sew.....

Joanie



No comments: