Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday evening

This is the time of day I will usually come here to keep track of my progress (which is why I started this in the first place).

I sewed for four hours today. Not bad considering how I feel. If you had asked I would have said it was an hour or so. I want to clock it so I have a better idea how much time I spend sewing. It won't help with individual projects since I sew in batches though.

In the four hours I managed to finish the 20 "fancied 9-patch" blocks as well as two Midgets. In addition, I finished the remaining six tan/white 9-patches. I started a new SBS block but botched it (sewed the wrong side of the seam on eight segments in step 2) so I have to frog stitch while watching a movie with Rose tonight. The top I was putting together yesterday is much further along. I just have to stitch the last two borders on. They are already pinned so that will be done first thing when I sew tomorrow.

I hope the last three Churn Dash swap blocks arrive tomorrow so I can put that top together. If not I will begin putting the rows together of the "Fancied 9-Patch" quilt. I may have four or six more blocks to make but they work up very quickly and I can start on the first rows while stitching the remaining blocks. I haven't cut the 32 solid white blocks that form the outer frame either. That should go pretty quickly though too. Lastly, I will get back on that SBS block and begin another couple of Midgets. The Midgets are time consuming because I have to draft my own patterns. The pattern book is really just a set of line drawings. I have bought several patterns lately that you have to draft your own. I have no problem doing that but pretty much feel if I'm going to be drafting I may as well design my own quilt from scratch. That's what I've begun to do with my samplers. I have my next one all designed. I need to get some of these quilts with all the blocks made put together before I start it though!

Jess called and tomorrow she looks at a house that she may put a bid on. I'm so excited for her and Ivan. Their first house!

1 comment:

Fibra Artysta said...

Hi Joanie - I just posted the winners from the thermofax screen survey comments from my blog post back in May.

Stop on by and take a look! ;-)

Lynn